Fundamental Professional Competence Standards
In order to attain the stated Goals, this program positively cultivates in students the following capacities:
1. Communication, expression and writing abilities
i. Ability to correctly use Chinese language and understand Chinese language structure and function.
ii. Ability to correctly and accurately instruct foreign learners of Chinese.
iii. Ability to use foreign language to teach the Chinese language.
2. Analytical abilities
i. Ability to correctly interpret classics of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics.
ii. Ability to grasp the context of Chinese language and culture teaching through the review of Linguistics
and Applied Linguistics literatures.
iii. Ability to use Comparative Linguistics and Applied Linguistics classicsin context.
3. Abilities to negotiate problems and engage in research
i. Ability to perceive theory in practical teaching issues and to conduct relevant research.
ii. Ability to grasp research methodologies for TCSL and to engage in empirical research.
4. Technical literacy and capacity
i. Ability to incorporate information technology into the TCSL classroom.
ii. Understand digital resources and technology in the development of digital Chinese-language learning.
5. Global perspective and understanding of cross-cultural identity issues (“interpreted” from the original)
i. Ability to understand students from various backgrounds, and to adapt teaching methodologies to respond to the students’ needs and strengths.
ii. Ability to survey and incorporate differences between each nation’s culture and Chinese cultures.
iii. Ability to understand the dimensions of Chinese language and culture teaching in the development of each nation in the world.
畢業門檻 Graduation Requirements
- Ming Chuan University Procedures for Proficiency-based Graduation Requirements
- Ming Chuan University Enforcement Rules for Chinese Proficiency Requirements
- Ming Chuan University Enforcement Rules for English Proficiency Requirements
- Ming Chuan University Enforcement Rules for Information Technology Proficiency Requirements
- Ming Chuan University Enforcement Rules for Sports Capability Requirements
- Ming Chuan University Procedures for Implementing Service-Learning
- Ming Chuan University Procedures for 10 Pillars Competency Evaluation (Revised on April 27, 2015)